1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashing xecuter 3 chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by adsfbike, Mar 26, 2005.

1. adsfbike

adsfbike Member

hey i have a quick question. i have a version 1.0 xbox. it has a xecuter 3 chip soldered in place by modchipsource.com everything seems to be working but when it come time to flashing it im having trouble. first i tried the http way, but the page wont open so if theres a new site that would be good to know about, secondly i tried to flash via cd/dvd but couldnt do it, i found out that i needed a dummy file but it still didnt work so i was wandering if i needed a .bin file reader to properly flash my chip and then thirdly ive always heard i need to make iso of the bios so im a little bit stuck now so any help would be very appreciated thxs.

2. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Try reading this-http://www.teamxecuter.com/flashbios/

3. adsfbike

adsfbike Member

yeah i know ive searched that and every other place around see i know what to do it just seems like it doesnt want to wrk with me. io understand i have to name the bios as "bios.bin" so do i also need a .bin file reader for that and the dummy file? and do i have to still make iso of bios, any help would be awesome

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Don't know why Macdawgg's site there didn't help you out. First off, are you using the correct bios? Did you get it from #xbins or elsewhere? I can't believe that you cannot use the http method, I have never heard of that happening before? You do have your xbox and computer networked together right?

You do not need to make an ISO of your bios, where did you here that from?

This is the best noob site out there for the X3 chip...

http://home.comcast.net/~x3guide/Old/index.html

5. adsfbike

adsfbike Member

thanks ill give it a try. the weird thing is that when i type in the webpage to do it via http it says that the page could not be displayed, and i thought that that method would be the easiest but ill try somthin else again and see if it works thanks

6. adsfbike

adsfbike Member

hey i finally was able to make boot cd the problem was that i didnt move the first 2 dip switches over to the right. i flashed it and when i turned the box back on it just tries 3 times and then flashes red and green, so i booted up from 256 back up and tried flashing in the 1 mb bank but that doesnt wrk, any help would be awesome.

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

When the power light starts flashing the ugly colors, red and orange, that means that something internally is wrong with your Xbox. For example, my friend did a piss poor install of his X3 chip and when he turned it on after the install the lights flashed the death colors. If I were you, I would post your question on www.xbox-scene.com

Let me know what you find out over there...

8. jaqbly

jaqbly Member

dude its very simple first of all when u install on a 1.0 or1.1 use the wire install second flash with evox d6 blue bios make a 512 bios.bin file with bios manager then make a 100mb dummie file then burn with nero in a iso formate set the switches to on flash pertect off then flash thomson drives like dvd+r media the older samsung likes all media the newer toshiba-samsung likes most media exept cd-r. follow this and u shall be successful.

9. adsfbike

adsfbike Member

thxs to all for help i succesfully flashed my x3 with 3029, i just overlooked simple step thxs again

10. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

good to hear you got it figured out... Always seems whenever there is something wrong it is to hard for you yourself to figure out the problem, but then when you actually figure it out you find it was the easiest step you were missing. Happened to me many times...

11. adsfbike

adsfbike Member

yes,yes, instead of extracting files with win rar ( i didnt even have it installed) i just changed file from .rar ro .bin and called name to bios (really stupid huh?) well i finally had the idea to extract files using winrar to look inside file and found two files labeld .bin, one for version 1.0-1.5 and other for 1.6 so i flashed with that and now it wrks, which im soo happy!! if anyone has problems like that i know now so u can pm me if u dont understand what u have to do. i do need file though, i went to #xb!n$ to get xbmc and said somthin like this is a mirror of file, yata yata yata, so i need to find it. if someone doesnt mind it would be nice if you could just send me the files, my email is adsfbike@yahoo.com and aim sn is adsfbike

thxs agian to all that helped and will help