1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashing xtreme makes drive noisy?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ha9981, Jan 27, 2007.

1. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i have a ms28 that i flashed with xtreme 33, it was really rough noisey so then i flashed it with xtreme 52b, still really rough and noisey so i flashed it with xtreme 52a cuz someone said that his how his shut up, it was even more louder, but not a s rough, so then i got pissed and flashed it to 52b again, NOW IT SHUT UP!!! what was the problem!!

i need to flash my friends ms28 so i don't want to get his stuck really rough and noisey.

TRUST ME THE NOISE WASN'T NORMAL MUCH NOISER THAN THE 360's FANS and MY DUAL CORE PC!!! It seemed like the firmware was corrupt thats the kind of the noise!! THAT NOISE DOESN'T EVEN USED TO COME WHEN ORIGINAL USED TO LOAD AT FULL SPEED!!

2. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Mines is the same way (loud like a jet)...but now I get Open Tray errors thanks to the Xtreme Firmware. It's gotta be the firmware causing these issues. I hope they'll go over their firmware and revise it and get rid of all this unecessary headaches we're all having from there messy firmware jobs!!

3. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

hi don't be so rude, man they did hard work to make those firmwares.

just try reflashing between firmware a and b and see if it shuts up, worked for me

4. fgamer

fgamer Guest

As odd as it is when I use the 5.2B or 5.2D it's very quiet but it wont play the backups I get dirty disk errors etc. but using Xtreme 5.2a it's loud but it plays the backups most of the time. When using 5.2c it's much quieter & it plays the backups sometimes and I get dirty disk erorrs sometimes. So I'll just stick with 5.2a seems to be loud but more reliable. I also didn't mean any harm to the people who made the firmware I'm very thankful for their good talent/skill at creating these firmwares.

5. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i had same error it said that wipe disc clean etc, just reflash it couple of times it will shutup an work!

6. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Oh trust me I reflashed several times, NONE of my originals work at all only backups.Crazy...I mean the hacks for the first Xbox didn't nearly have this many problems crazy how new technology seems to fail even more than older technology.

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

did u custom make ur thing flash?
    make it urself u shuldn't have problems!!

8. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

or did u use samhack and xtreme 33

9. fgamer

fgamer Guest

I used the mtkflash utility and I flashed it myself. I don't know what you mean by make it custom flash?