1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flashing

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by duboy1, Jan 5, 2005.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

What is the point of flashing? Like what does it mean? Thanks!

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

when you flash your bios on a modchip, you are overwriting the instructions stored within the chip, i.e. allowing the xbox to run unsigned media (boot discs, backups, etc.).

3. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

If you don't flash your modchip with a hacked bios, the only thing you will be able to do with your box that you couldn't do before is run linux, from the linux bios or the operating system that was flashed on your chip.

4. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

well .. what would i flash it with.. i have a version 4 or 5 xbox.. most likely 4.. with a spider mod? Any help? Thanks for info.

-forgot to mention.. i have the slayer 2.6 autoinstall disc with the 1.8.3935 evox dash on that cd.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  5. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

If you have a version 1.4 xbox, I would suggest the xecuter 4981.67 bios, or the 4981.06. Then you can install slayers.

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Yeah,if you're going the Xecuter way I would recomend the 4981 or the 4983 series. If you use these make sure that if you're going to be having a hard drive larger than 137gig use a bios that ends with .67. So 4981.67 would be for large hard drives,4981.06 is for 137gig and below. Also I find that the Evox M8plus bios is pretty damn fine as well. And yes it's also editable like the 4981 series.