1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat Screen or Regular?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Bfizzle4, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Bfizzle4

Bfizzle4 Member

My families tv recently blew its high voltage thing and would cost about 160 dollars to fix which is just a few dollars shy of what it would cost to by a new one that is similar. we had a 27" JVC regular CRT (curved screen). My parents are content with by something the same at around $220. I have mentioned that would should get a flat screen. My parental units then asked, "what benefits does a flat screen offer that a regular does not?"

If anyone can explain to me what the difference between a flat screen crt and a regular crt is it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time

Brett

2. DemonFox

DemonFox Member

From what I understand, not much except it's less strain on the eyes.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Film is produced on a flat surface. Therefore, if you forget about the advantages of a much wider viewing angle witha flight screen, film and tv representation is more accurate with the flat screen. A curved screen has to bend the original picture, sharpness and detail is lost this way. Go for a flat screen, make sure its a wide one as well

Chris

4. nismo_rat

nismo_rat Member

I own a flat screen, and I NEVER have to worry about glare.