1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flickering screen with some games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SpyC, Feb 8, 2005.

1. SpyC

SpyC Member

Hi,

I've just started to burn Ps2 games recently and have been quite successful using DVD Decrypter, Nero, and Alcohol 120. Just now, I burnt two games: Lord of the Rings--the Third Age and Call of Duty--Finest Hour using DVD Decrypter and Alcohol 120. However, when I try playing the game, it loads fine but the screen won't stop flickering for both games. I coulnd't make out the words because the game basically won't stop shaking. My other games still work fine. Any ideas on what this is? These 2 games were PAL, while my other ones were NTSC, but I thought having Swap Disc 3.3 took care of that difference (and I think I still got one other PAL to work fine).

Thanks.

2. SpyC

SpyC Member

heyyy

I just read up on one of the older forum topics and apparently, there are certain ways to fix this. There's the patch way for some games and then there's the other way to just load NTSC by pressing the square button. The game seems a bit cut off at the bottom but at least they aren't scrolling anymore...both LOTR Third Age and Call of Duty works now..I can live with this until I get ahold of an NTSC version or buy a cable converter.

Wonderful.