1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip To Cover Ps2 Problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by HabeebHaq, Jan 28, 2005.

1. HabeebHaq

HabeebHaq Member

Hi,
    I have bought a flip top for my ps2. I have put the flip top on and when i put a swap magic cd in it loads up and when i put the copied game in it doesnt load up it says invalid ps2 disk. Also When i put the ps2 on, it makes a load noise and i have to put books on it to stop makin the noise.
    Can plz anyone help me.
    I would like to know if anyone know's how to make the noise stop and how to make the copied games work.

Thank You

2. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

your noise problem is probably a simple one. did your flip top come with a pre-installed white disk on the top? if so, the "washer" (a poor excuse for one) might not be holding it down well enough. i would recommend swapping it out with the original one that came in your PS2 (or if you dont have it still... put a thicker steel washer in there). the top of the disk spinner in the PS2 is magnetic and will pull the disk down better. the one that came with my flip top had an aluminium washer in there (aluminium doesnt have iron and will not stick to a magnet) and was causing it to make a loud almost grinding noise.

i also had a booting issue and my fixing the disk problem helped to fix the booting issue (same as yours). i think the disk wasnt being spun well ennough.

hope this helps your problem... it did for me. just out of curiosity, where did you order yours from? let me know if it doesnt work.