1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Top Case Help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by viper900, Jan 7, 2005.

1. viper900

viper900 Member

I installed my flip top case correctly on my PS2. I connect wires and such, put game disc in (from the flip lid) and it says 'disc loading' for a very long time and nothing happens. Then I reset the PS2 and there is a mad noise. I open the lid and I see the disc spinning really fast and its 'jumping'.

This happens to all discs.

So I try putting back my normal PS2 case, and try a game. It works.

What have I done wrong? Help please!

2. chief773

chief773 Member

This happened to me last night when I first installed the flip top cover. I found the problem to be that the case wasn't on correctly and the tray wasn't closing completely. I couple times I have reboot the PS2 after loading swap magic, but so far its been working great. Just make sure the flip top is on all the way and it shoudl prevent the disc from jumping around like that.

3. viper900

viper900 Member

How am I supposed to put the swap magic in? Via tray or flip lid?

I'm going to re-install the flip top again. Non of my discs were working with the flip top installed though.

4. chief773

chief773 Member

you can put the swap magic in either way, just make sure the tray is all the way in, that was part of the problem I had. Good luck!

5. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

make sure you get the white little disc thing from the old disc case and put in the new one with the inward hump facing down. this should correct it.

Good Luck!
    Chris