1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip-top cover help.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by FinalLoss, Mar 14, 2005.

1. FinalLoss

FinalLoss Member

I just bought a Flip-top cover for my PS2 with the Swap discs. I installed it, but when I turn it on with a game inside, there's a very loud whirr while the game spins. Is this supposed to be normal? I also caught my PS2 actually skipping (it's never skipped any of my games before) after I installed this thing. Did I do something wrong? Is the cover on too tight? I need some serious help here. Any advice would be very appreciated.

2. clouser

clouser Guest

did you take the white disc off of the tray cover and put it on the flip top?

3. clouser

clouser Guest

its a magnet that keeps the disc from vibrating and hopping around.

4. FinalLoss

FinalLoss Member

Yes I did. I removed the white disc and placed it into the flip-top. But for some reason, the PS2 whirrs like mad. Not to mention the random skipping. I just can't figure this out. I want to open it again to figure it out, but I thought I would ask around here first to see if someone has some advice on what to do.

5. clouser

clouser Guest

try placing something heavy on top it maybe that its not going down far enough

6. FinalLoss

FinalLoss Member

Thanks a lot for the help. I tried that, and it was the problem, but I reopened it. I didn't know that the disc tray was supposed to come out.. I asked a friend and he told me that the disc tray was supposed to stay in. I'm guessing he was wrong and I just put the cover in wrong. It's.. supposed to come out, right? It's working perfectly now.

7. derelict5

derelict5 Guest