1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip top cover question???

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by noypi2, Feb 18, 2005.

1. noypi2

noypi2 Member

Hi there,
    I just got my flip top cover and after I installed it and put in a ps2 games I noticed that the cover is a bit not align. While reading the ps2 disk it makes a strange noice like tik..tik..tik and getting faster and faster. If I open the top cover the noise stops. another is the disk inside sometimes wiggles. Lastly, if I insert the swap magic and upon closing the front tray it produce a noice like there could be a plastic piece protrouding inside the flip top cover. Is the top cover that holds the disk in place too high or low? Any Idea how to resolved this? Sorry for my english.

I appreciate your prompt replies.

2. bucs2002

bucs2002 Member

three things mate:

1) your cover may be like mine, a little warped (which sucks but oh well!)

2) you NEED to put that white cap in the flip-top on the bottom side of the lid

3) just set a small book or something on the lid WITH the plastic white cap in there and the sound should disappear!

I'm still looking to mod that silly white cap though so that I DON'T have to set anything on the damn lid cuz that's just flat out annoying.

3. artanis16

artanis16 Member

yeah i know what you mean, placings items on the PS2 cover is quite annoying.

4. I have the same problem except it wont read any disk I put in. so I took the cover off and the disk hit me in the face then I decided to screw it tighter and I put a screw right through the silver tape and my eject button wouldnt stop ejecting I finally fixed it and it still doesnt read lucky aint I?

5. It gets worse with the flip top on it wont read even an original, I havent tried the swap magic disks yet cause nothing will boot.

6. I get a disk read error the disk isnt spinning properly. Any Help?

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

did you put the white circular piece in the fliptop correctly? try leaving the top open and just placing the white piece on top of the game.

8. tried it all not working

9. Moose532

Moose532 Member

Hi, did anyone find a solution to this?

I've been using Swap MAgic 3.3 for about 6 weeks, and its been working great. Until today, when for no reason whatsoever the PS2 has decided not to read any disks anymore (even originals). The disks are spinning fine, but it just says "reading disk...", no rror messages or anything.

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  10. Moose532

Moose532 Member

11. Im taking my ps2 to a pirate market (yes I said pirate market) where I got my chip and have them fix it they only charge me 15 dollars. then I will post here the solution if it works of course.