1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Top Covers

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Mark1526, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Mark1526

Mark1526 Member

Hi there, I am a newbi here.I backup my movies all the time with np. I want to start backing some games up for my 12 yr old. I am interested in the flip top cover system. Can anyone tell me how it works and what do you do with the 2 dics it comes with. Thank-you

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Basically you get a direct copy of your games that you own. Either do this by making a dvd to dvd copy, or using a program such as dvd decrypter or alcohol %120 to make an image file on your harddrive and burn that to dvd.

Now, for the fliptop and 'SwapMagic v3.3' discs. Basically you cannot boot up a backup game without the use of a modchip or using a swap method. So install a fliptop cover, that corresponds with your ps2 version, and you boot up the SwapMagic disc, dvd disc for dvd-based games, and cd disc for cd-based games. Then it prompts you to insert your backup game. Do this, utilizing the newly installed fliptop cover, and hit 'X'. Your backup games will then load.