1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Top Danger?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by vinceps2, Feb 2, 2005.

1. vinceps2

vinceps2 Member

I have been using a flip top for several months with success. The only thing I fear is the eject button. What happens if its accidentally pressed? Will it damage the ps2? Thanks

2. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

i have a push button flip top for my v10 PS2 that ive had for around a few months now. because a few of my friends seem to be missing parts of their brains and cannot for the life of them figure out how the whole flip top process works, my tray has been ejected more than a few times with the flip top down (around 20 to 30 times... which is why they are NOT allowed to touch my PS2 now). all that has happened is the tray gets hung up and will not eject out entirely. the motor then reverses itself. im sure it cant be good for the PS2 but nothing has been damaged yet. im sure if it happened everyday, you could do damage, but if it happens every once and again nothing bad should happen. at least mine hasnt.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2005
  3. salz281

salz281 Member

Hi

I heard some people cant eject with their flip tops. The one I got you can use the eject button, it works just like the orginal tray.

May be its where you get from, they may be some poor makes out there, or it could be that there are more improved flip tops out now.

4. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

so are you saying that with your lid closed you can completely eject the tray? if so thats pretty cool. mine will close with the lid close but will not open. my friends is the same way and he just got his, so maybe it is the maker.

5. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

hey guys,

i am about to get a flip top. and wondering if someone can help me understand how to get it all set up ? with the silver cord + eject + power buttons and all that.. i cant remove them...
    please check my post since it has a lot more questions :p
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/156385

Thanks,

LILfeatha