1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Top Dilemma

Discussion in 'PS2' started by VicVip3r, Dec 31, 2004.

1. VicVip3r

VicVip3r Member

After using the search function and counldn't find any solutions for my problem, i decided it was time to register and start posting.

I recently recieved my flip top. But i ordered the wrong version (version 9) and my ps2 is a version 1. So we modified the cover to fit on a version 1. The console boots up fine but it cannot read any original disc or the SM discs. When it reads the DVD it makes loud noises. I suspect it may have to do with white disc on top. Is my only solution to buy another flip top with the right version?

Thanks for your time.

2. sephy

sephy Guest

I had problems like that, the noise and it wouldn't load anything. I switched the white little circle in the fliptop with the one in my original ps2

3. VicVip3r

VicVip3r Member

I am using the white disc that came from the original ps2. I was able to get it to work again, when i placed the ps2 vertical.

4. sephy

sephy Guest

Hm, well thats good, guess that little disk thing was in the wrong place or something