1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flip top mod noise.....

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by swirvin, Jan 10, 2005.

1. swirvin

swirvin Member

i just did the flip top mod and the disks just scream inside the ps2 now.

if i put a little pressure in the middle the noise goes away but im not sure if im slowing down the spin of the disk doing this.

anyone see/hear this before?

2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

It sounds like the fliptop is not seated well on the bottom half of the case. I assume you put the white hub in the fliptop lid, with the bigger side of the hub against the lid. Occasionally, mine will make a slight noise, and once I tap the lid, it goes away.

3. sovietske

sovietske Guest

I had the same exact problem when i installed my fliptop, the way i solved it was by unscrewing the screws under the ps2 a little bit, the extra 1/2centimeter or so of room between the magnet and the spindle made the problem go away. It may take a couple tries to get it perfect but it does work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2005
  4. sovietske

sovietske Guest

double post

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2005
  5. L84skewl

L84skewl Guest

I just hooked up my flip top last night, and successfully copied my max payne 2 the first try :).

but when I took the white hub out of my old V1 lid, I broke a little piece off... so sometimes when I open the fliptop the hub is attached to the CD and the Spindle .. it's not a big deal, I can keep putting it back into the top.. but does anyone know where I can buy another white hub?

THanks a bunch.

6. Phone63

Phone63 Member

7. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

The hub has a little "play" in it where it connects to the lid. You could try to cut out a circle from a plastic dvd case and glue it to the back of the hub. Try Elmer's glue first, so if it fails, you can easily remove it. If it works, superglue it.

8. bandit778

bandit778 Member

I had same problem and was reffered here and used the method [bold]sovietske[/bold] mentioned about unscrewing the screws just a little and it solved my problem.