1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Top or bust

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Mexjas, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Mexjas

Mexjas Member

I am desperate now. I thought i followed the instructions to install the flip top. When i cracked open my ps2 some of the stuff i was suppose to do i couldnt do. For instance it says that there are 4 screws on the cd tray but when i looked at it there were only 2. I was unable to replace the eject and reset button. Look does anyone have any idea what the hell i am doing wrong. My kingdom hearts is comming in soon and i really want to know what i am doing wrong.....Is it suppose to make alot of noise when it reads? Is it suppose to struggle when trying to read? Is there any way to get rid of the noise. Please someone anyone help me.

2. silver112

silver112 Regular member

i think you have model 5000X because my 50001 model has 2 screws on it cd tray,so did you get a flip top for V9/V10 or V11 those are the versions you might have.

The clicking is from the worm gear(laser),so i just put cooking grease on the rods that move the laser and i dont here the clicking.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, they are a bit load when reading discs, but should not struggle to read them. I have seen many flip top problems but here are the two most common
    1. the screws in the bottom of the PS2 are too tight and causing the lid to push on the disc too much causing read errors. Losen them a little at a time testing in between. On my V7 i had to remove the screws completly before it would work.

2. lid not tight enough, take something small like a paperback book, put the disc in and then put the book on top of the fliptop where you just put the disc in to press the lid & disc down a little

other than that it really should work if you got the correct fliptop for your model PS2

4. Mexjas

Mexjas Member

ok i do have the correct flip top...i hope....and my cd tray did have only 2 screws when i un did them i had to use a flat head screw driver to take out the cd guard. it was sorta snapped on. My ps2 makes a hellava lot of noise. its almost as if i can hear the disc trying to spin. This is the flip top i got...My ps2 only had 8 screws
    http://www.thegiantstore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=265

5. Mexjas

Mexjas Member

ok after experimenting with it i managed to get the burned copy of my game to work....When i tried to do it again it gave me that same disc error BS. I had to keep trying to get the swap to read. Any thoughts?