1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip top problem...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by killpeeps, May 2, 2003.

1. killpeeps

killpeeps Member

I don't know what i am doing incorrectly. I installed the flip top and everything seems to be working, but whenever I use my boot magic CD i get a red screen, even with the ORIGINAL disc of games. I don't understand. iF anyone has any hints please tell me. I will be checking back.

Thanks in advance.
    -Ralph

2. TuNeR03

TuNeR03 Member

if an original game doesnt work with the fliptop then somthing in the installation process went wrong. try putting it back the original way the ps2 comes. then try playing an original game if it work then it was a bad installation of the fliptop. if a game doesnt work even after you put everything back the original way then you might have damaged something in the process of installing the fliptop. hope this helps

3. killpeeps

killpeeps Member

not what I meant sorry....

when i use the Boot magic CD and swap to an original game it doesn't boot

I can still play games when I just put them in

4. telescope

telescope Regular member

Wat is there a need of booting originals with boot disk when they work without it

5. killpeeps

killpeeps Member

to troubleshoot, and apperantly my troubleshooting isn't working so far.....

6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

exactly what are you troubleshooting? try using the tray to load originals and not the flip top. it sounds like you are not getting the disc in correctly thru the flip top. you have to be sure to get the disc under the lip on the left side of the tray whe nyou load the backup in with the fliptop. this is a common error. insert the left side in first and make sure it's under the lip on the tray, then give it a spin before you close the lid to make sure it spins freely.