1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Top problem?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by moonfrog, Dec 31, 2004.

1. moonfrog

moonfrog Member

Hi,
    I just installed a flip top cover on my ps2 yesterday and when I tried it out this morning it plays the games fine but then after a little while the dvd starts making funny noises like it fell off the spindle. I replaced the white thing on the top with the old white thing because the new one didn't have a magnet in it. I thought the one with the magnet would hold it in place better but it still falls off. What should I do? How do I fix it?

2. moonfrog

moonfrog Member

I figured it out. I'm posting the answer incase someone else has this problem.

After trying it again this morning I noticed the game falls off the spindle at the same point in the game each time, and I don't have this problem with other games. So then I thought maybe it was the copy I made, but, since I am using Taiyo Yuden dvd-rs and burning at a slow speed I wondered if maybe it was the original game, not the copy that was the problem.

I put in the original game and it too fell off the spindle at the same point in the game. So I looked at it in the light and it was full of scratches. One big one stood out. Doh! The reason I made the backup in the first place is because my games get all scratched up.

Moral of the story: Clean and repair your original game before making a backup copy of it. My software made a perfect copy, including scratches and all. Lol.

What happens is the laser can't read the part where the scratch is and moves up and down to maybe get a better look and knocks the game off the spindle. The copy doesn't have data where the scratch was so the same thing happens. :p Sheese, noobies. Heh.