1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Top Question?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by isomaster, Apr 19, 2003.

1. isomaster

isomaster Member

just got a flip top yesterday and my question is would i use the flip top for playing everything on the ps2 meaning would i not use the eject drawer anymore just use the flip top
    and i was wondering when i go to put in my back up dvd game does it matter how fast you do the actual swap i did it the first time i was a bit slow it went red not loading did it a second time faster and it went ok

thank guys

graham

2. Blazino

Blazino Member

You can boot up original games how you regularly do it, but have to use the flip top for your back-ups. It doesn't matter how faster or slow you do it, as long as you put the back-up cd in properly.

3. isomaster

isomaster Member

thanks blazino

graham

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i've let my system suit on the "insert disc" screen for 30 minutes before and came back to it and popped in my back-up, hit x, and it booted no problem. i dont think time matetrs with the flip top and swap magic because the system is in a paused state.

5. isomaster

isomaster Member

yeah have tried waitin and yeah it just boots no problem no matter how long you wait readin the forums i think sony are tryin their damndest to put thier games on dual 9 discs to stop ppl backin up thier games

6. chrossboy

chrossboy Guest

never heard of a "flip top". can u tell me what it is and what it does. been looking to get my little boys ps2 chipped but don't know which one. grateful for advice

7. isomaster

isomaster Member

what you do is you have to take off the top cover of your playstation 2 and replace it with a flip top meaning basically it turns your ps2 into a flip top type of machine like the ps1 you dont use your cd tray to boot the games anymore you would lift up the flip top cover put your ps2 boot disc in then swap with your backup
    saves you having to solder inside your ps2
    heres all the info you'll need

http://www.ps2cover.com/

hope this helps

graham