1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flip top question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Wulfie66, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

Hey guys, I finally got my fliptop installed and everything is running as advertised. But I've read alot about certain games that don't seem to like the swap magic. i.e. splinter cell and a few others that do double checks. what else can I add to my ps2 to try to overcome this problem? In other words, I'm looking on opinions on the best mod chip. I've got quite a bit of soldering experience, 4yrs in the Air Force working on circuit boards, etc, etc, so that's not in issue. So, lets here what you all have to say!

Thanx in advance,
    Wulfie

p.s. this is on a v7 ps2

Last edited: Jun 8, 2003
  2. MoneyMark

MoneyMark Member

To overcome the additional security measures that the games you mentioned have, you simply need an additional bootdisc. Basically you would have to swap twice to get splinter cell to work, before you placed your backup in the drive.

There is a swap magic version 3.0 coming out soon that will play all of these games as well. Unfortunately the forums for developers of that product has gone down for a few weeks now.

Basically you have to find this other boot disc. I have yet to find it myself. I have heard some people call it "cdloader" and some people have mentioned a "ps2loader" boot disk. If you are able to find someone who has the iso please pm me as well. I've been looking for some time now.

MoneyMark