1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Top Read Problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Fing269, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Fing269

Fing269 Member

Hey guys. I just stumbled across these forums and think that you all might be able to help me.

I installed a flip top a couple of weeks ago and am pretty sure I did it correctly. It still plays DVD movies just fine. It still plays original PS2 games just fine. It still plays cd audio just fine. However, all of my backups play in slow motion and are basically unplayable.

I've used several different media types and have the same result with each (Ritek G04, TY, etc.) I've tried different burning methods at various burning speeds to no avail. (Nero, Alcohol, DVD Dec., etc.)

Do any of you have any ideas? I'm sure that someone out there has run into the same problem and has managed to fix it. I just hope that someone is here. Thanks guys.

2. Fing269

Fing269 Member

I just tried a backup of a DVD and it works just fine. Would readjusting the cogwheel be a possible solution if it is known that all other media is reading just fine? (original games, cd audio, backup DVD's, etc.)

3. Fing269

Fing269 Member

One last 'I hope someone can help me' bump...

Nite fellas.

4. ninjapath

ninjapath Regular member

it's not the disc, but the pc. I think it's because the pc is too slow. Try to burn it with someone else pc and see if that help.