1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Top Screws

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by vinceps2, Dec 7, 2004.

1. vinceps2

vinceps2 Member

I have a ps2 model scph 50001 and was wondering, the two small screws on top of the cd tray you remove when installing a flip top, does that affect anything at all? I couldnt remove them, so I kind of snapped them off, will that affect anything whether i replace the cd tray cover or flip top? I replaced the cd tray without the screws and it seems to work perfectly fine.

Im just afraid, cuz I ordered a better flip top from ps2fliptop.net over the stupid old one which is faulty and makes loud noises without loading properly, and want to know that the two tiny screws missing will affect anything? Thanks

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  2. Cryptix

Cryptix Guest

ever think the noise was because the screws were missing?

3. vinceps2

vinceps2 Member

I've read some posts saying the noise is likely because of the bad flip top.

I have a question, please someone answer. Does the two tiny screws on top of the cd tray cover that you have to remove affect the flip top performance? I snapped mine off and want to know if there is any difference whatsoever with or without them?

4. fadedindi

fadedindi Member

Did you snap in that white disc into your fliptop the correct side up(magnet side up)? I had a fliptop and forgot to do that and it made noise.

I had a hard time removing the tray that covers the CD tray as well. I got 3 screws off and then snaped it right off. It works fine for me.

5. Deimos218

Deimos218 Guest

Are you talking about the two screws that are go through plate thats on a rail connected to the cd drive as confusing as that may sound.If so then you will not able to eject cd's but will be able to change cd's using the flip-top.

6. vinceps2

vinceps2 Member

Im sure I put in the white disc correctly, just the same way it's in the original ps2 cover. I just think the flip top is bad because the push button doesnt open the tray completely. I don't know if lossening the screws on the bottom will do the trick.

Anyway, I bought one from ps2fliptop.net after hearing those work well om the spot because they already have preinstalled white discs.