1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Top/Swap Disc 3.6 DVD problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by isack2230, Apr 19, 2005.

1. isack2230

isack2230 Member

I just recieved my flip top in the mail yesterday and immediately went to town on my ps2. I finally got it all together I had read that the lil white spinner deal on top isn't heavy enough so I put a flashlight on top and it took care of that

first, has neone found a good way of takin care of the white reader on the top of the flip top?

second, when i put the DVD swap disc in my ps2 has a disc read error a lot of the time... its very fustrating... i actually had the same problem with the HD Advance 2.0 DVD disc as well... is taht just my lens? or is there somethin special I have to do. I think my ps2 version is like 6 or 7. lemme know! thanks!

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

I used the original white peice that was on my ps2.

(i put it in backwards the first time but mine works like
    a charm NO need to put something on top for me.)

mine seems to work just as good as the slide card with less hassle.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  3. isack2230

isack2230 Member

well whenever I try to put a disc in with nothing holding it down it makes a really loud noise and isn't makin a tight connection to spin? the white spinner has a lil magenent/weight right? and that weight is suppose to be up correct? cuz im sure i did it right but it still needs weight on top to help it spin... anyone else have this problem?

4. isack2230

isack2230 Member

I can get the swap magic dvd disc to work occasionally but it's very fustrating... i think my lens is going bad, i don't know any other reason for it

5. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

The first time I put my fliptop on I had the same problem with noise, but then I figured out I had the white piece in backward, swapped it around now no noise, works perfect.