1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Top + Swap Magic Set 3.3 Questions

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by xkrazzy, Dec 30, 2004.

1. xkrazzy

xkrazzy Member

ok i have a couple for questions.

1.do i need the flip top to use the swap magic stuff?
    2.do i even need the flip top?
    3.if i do need it what do i have to do to install it, do i have to take anything apart or something???
    4.can i get some info bout how this works i dont got that much info on it.
    5. ok this is what i want to get, is it good?http://www.mod-chip.com/en/ps2_lid.htm#feat

please help me yo

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

To use the swap magic disks, you need a flip top, mod chip or slide tool, so you do need to get the flip top.

The picture of the flip top at the link you gave looks a little wack though, most flip tops look like the one at the link below

http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/files/images/d_1868.gif

So I'm not sure if it installs the same. Here's some good instructions on how to install the normal ones, it might help you in knowing what you have to do.

http://www.chipzone.com/installation/playstation2/fliptop/page1.cfm

After all that though your ready to go, and it works great.

3. xkrazzy

xkrazzy Member

i have the small slim ps2 with built in net, that flip top is the one for my version it even says so its v12 i checked

4. xkrazzy

xkrazzy Member

oh and do i need to get a chip or anything too beside the flip top?

5. HellGates

HellGates Member

Basiclly what serves the purpose of the flip-top, slide-card, or mod chip is that it enables you to open the PS2 disc tray without having the playstation re-read your whole disc when you hit eject. Thats why the mod overrides the eject button & the flip-top & slide-cards allow you to access the disc tray w/o pressinbg the eject button. So, no you don't have to have more than one device. Also, the purpose of the Swap Magic Discs are to load the PS2 loaders that can't be burned onto normal DVD or CD dics(due to the section where the drivers would be burned is already burned over) Also, I have heard of a Memory Card Exploit I think its called. Something to where it enables you to use the Swap Magic discs with just using a memory card or a modified memory card(I don't know the process & don't really care for it). Hope that is some help to you.