1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flip top troubles- cd/dvd doesnt turn properly

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by ThePope, Dec 31, 2004.

1. ThePope

ThePope Member

i got my flip top cover today, and ill say right away i broke a piece off of it. on the fliptop cover, there are 3 plastic prongs or whatever that hold the white disc that secures the dvd and allows it to spin, and i managed to break one of them on installation. however ill be able to fix this with glue later on.

i managed to get things going, although it is a pain in the ass to boot any games, but my main problem is this:

whenever i put a game in, whether it be a backup or original, it doesnt sit correctly in its spot, therefore it doesnt spin freely and keeps hitting the bottom tray part. if i screw around for a bit ill get the disc in the proper orientation to spin freely, at which point i can close the lid and continue on.

is this a common problem with fliptops? or is it because my 'white disc' isnt correctly in place due to my breaking it during installation? i have a v9 ps2 if that matters

2. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

The white disc is a magnet. I have have had ps2 games running WITH NO TRAY installed. All u do is put the white disk on the magnet side and it holds the dvd/cd in place. It spins perfectly. Of course there is a risk to radiation by doing this and the ps2 is a class1 laser product. But i do this all the time and im fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2004