1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip-Top vs. Slide Card

Discussion in 'PS2' started by elsadek, Nov 3, 2003.

1. elsadek

elsadek Member

Hi, I'm a newbie here. I've researching on Swap Magic for the past few days and I have a question for you experts out there: Are there differences between using the fliptop method as opposed to the slide card, not in terms of price, but performence? For example, does one method allow more backups to be played, more media to acceptable, etc...?

This question has been on my mind for a while now, because I want to make sure that if I do go ahead and buy either one, I know what I'm getting myself into.

Thanks.

2. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

i, personally have used both the slide-card and am curently using the fliptop. between the two of them (excluding modchips) there is no difference in compatibility of backups. if slide-card can boot the backup with swap magic discs so can the fliptop. it's the same method of booting the backup but a different method of getting the backup into the ps2.
    from my experiences, the slide-card was alright but sometimes a pain in the ass if i had one too many brews. it takes longer to switch discs with a slide-card than it does with a fliptop. media compatibility has nothing to do with the modification itself, but of the actual limitations of the ps2. some older ps2's can't read +r and i'm not sure if any of them can read + or - dvdrw.
    it comes down to ease of use for me... slide-card worked for a while but when i installed the fliptop i know it was a better choice overall. if you're skeptical about opening up your ps2 try the slide-card and swap magic discs combo... if you get used to it and it doesn't seem to be a problem. then there ya go! but if after a while it seems like a pain try the fliptop. if you don't wanna spend the extra $20 for a slide-card just buy the fliptop. it's really easy to install and swap discs with.
    hope that helps.