1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Top vs Swap Magic PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Warman, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Warman

Warman Member

I am interested in making backups of my ps2 games. What is suggested that I purchase the flip top or the swap magic slide card. I have read that the slide card is harder to use but seems very easy to install. But the flip top seems like it will be harder to install and very simple to use. I dont think I will have problems installing either one but I would like to purchase the one that will allow me to play the newer games without having to do all the research on making the backup game work. I havent read anything about backing up games like the new Mortal Kombat Deception and Def Jam NY. Has anyone backed up those games? And if so were there any problems? I have alreadly downloaded DVD Decrypter, Alcohol 120%, and I also have nero. I like the DVD Decrypter & Alcohol 120% very simple to make the ISO image, But when I am trying to burn the file it comes up with a mds file. I havent tried burning the file yet. I am not sure if this is correct. This is the same with alcohol 120%.

Please give me your suggestions on which to purchase and some input on the image file that I am saving with both DVD Decrypter & alcohol 120%? Thanks!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

1. both the fliptop and slide card require swap magic discs
    2. the fliptop is better than the slide card
    3. burn the .mds file
    4. Be sure to use GOOD quality media like ritek or verbatim.