1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Top

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Granpapi, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Granpapi

Granpapi Member

I just purchased a Flip top. Whats up with these new Flip-Tops? Everything I put in there makes a loud noise. I have to put something kinda heavyon top of it for it to stop. Anyway my question is. So far I have burned NBA streetball Vol.2 on some Generic media (matrix) and it loads all the time. However that is the only one on that media that works. Then I burnt NBA live 2004 on some Fuji Film +R and it loaded in record time the first time I tried to play it, But then I had to try several times the second time. I guess my question is Whats the best media to use? Im thinking about trying to use Some Fuji -R. Are the Ps2's partial to -R? I plan on using quality -R to see how that works.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

the new tops suck, everybody has that problem. Yeah the ps2 is more compatible with -r. i use ritek dvd-r with no problems. you can also try cleaning your ps2 laser with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip.

3. Granpapi

Granpapi Member

Yeah! Im gonna try some Ritek -R. I cleaned my lens last night when it did'nt work and after it worked. I guess you have to clean it constantly when you have a fliptop huh? so Overall so far so good I guess. Its just the media Im trying to get comfortable with and that Damn noise it makes. I put a 5 pound weight on that bitch so it will stop making that damn noise.

4. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

i had that problem big time, try poping back off the top and put it back on, mine was just off a little bit, and that made it so all i had to do was push down on it a little bit, just lightly, and then what you can do is, on the top of the flip top, where you put the white disc, take the white disc back out, and you'll see two little screws, take them out, and you'll see that there is a decent amount of room in there, you can stick something in there to give it weight, and you'll only need to use half the weight you would nomrally use on the outside, cause it's right on the sweet spot, i just took 4 small to medium sized washers, put two over where each screw goes in, and that was pleanty to fix the noises, you can't see them, and there's no chance they could have any adverse effect, because they are contained within the cylinder attached to the lid, try that out.

oh and a question from me, so far only +r's have worked for me, i tried 1 dvd-r, and it wouldn't work, but i made the iso with dvd decrypter, and when i burnt it, i selected the .iso file, not the .md5, might that have been what caused the dvd-r not to work?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2004