1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Tops vs. Slide card

Discussion in 'PS2' started by redx101, Nov 29, 2004.

1. redx101

redx101 Member

Which has a better reason to be bought.Like I mean the effiency of both of them and y wud it wud be a good reason for anyone to buy.

2. fadedindi

fadedindi Member

I heard the slide card can damage your PS2 over time. I would get the flip top or get the new slimline PS2 (it can be easily modded).

3. deadxdawn

deadxdawn Member

will the slide card damage my ps2 , making it crash? i have magic slide 2.0 and have never had problems with imported games ...recently , a friend burned the getaway for me. it worked fine for 3 days ..then the swap disc never loads and returns to the ps2 menu.

4. fadedindi

fadedindi Member

I'm not sure, but all of that pulling from the card cant be good for the DVD drive.

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

i used a makeshift sliding tool for over 4 years and never had a problem. However, it's possible to damage it doing it just once if you accidentally break off the peg. So, i guess the fliptop might be a safer and quicker swap method in the long run.

6. punx777

punx777 Regular member

flip top all the way........

but if i were you id just keep my 40 sum bucks..... and send my ps2 in to get it modded.... trust me now the disks are a PAIN IN THE ASS!!!

norcalmods will put in any chip you send em for 50 dollars. (or they have different chips for 60-100 dollars) trust me, if i could take back all those failed games i would....