1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip Tops

Discussion in 'PS2' started by redx101, Nov 28, 2004.

1. redx101

redx101 Member

ok im thinking about getting a flip top, but wat is the effectiveness rating of it compared to the others, such as the no solder chip, soldering mod chip,slide card.And if i get the flip top do i need the swap magic discs and if so which version of it to get.whats the risk of getting while tryin to install flip top case i have a v7 PS2, and is it easy to install. Most of all does it really run BACKUPS and BURNT games. I kno this is all lot of questions but im a newbie and i mean very new, and im very excited about doin this type of stuff.thankz, lata.

2. captnkidd

captnkidd Guest

The fliptop has ran everthing I have tired other than DVD RIPS and I understand I can buy another swap disc think and do them as well.

I have a V9 ps2 and I didn't wnat to do the modcip thing so I bought the Swapmagic disc and a fliptop case ($104 shipped) for 2. I have been VERY happy with mine. I have an old gameshare 2 cd for PS1 that lets me play backup PS1 games as well.

It's VERY easy to install and yes it'll play backups. There has been nothing I copied that I can't play. It's a learning curve to figure out what you need to do with some games, like bloodrayne 2 for one.

Get it back up and enjoy the hell out of your PS2, rent 2 games and back them up and it'll pay for it's self.

CK