1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fliptop cover v. 9 ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cameronp, Dec 7, 2004.

1. cameronp

cameronp Member

Does anyone know where I can find the instructions to install the fliptop cover? I received it without instructions, but I don't want to mess up.

2. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

It's easy to install, pretty self explanatory i guess. Well to me anyway. But heres a site that'll help you out.

http://www.modking.com/bin/fliptop.htm

Just click on the green font to see a picture. Oh and about taking the white disc out from the top of the DVD case, peel off that black shiny backing from the cover. Not too hard, just get a knife of something to get under it and peel carefully around until it's off, then pop the white disc out with your finger.

3. cameronp

cameronp Member

Thanks man. Did it. I saw in some of the swapmagic sight you are supposed to open the tray with eject button, but mine seems blocked is that wrong?

4. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

When you install the flip top, everything is supposed to work identical to the original top, other than the fact that the top opens, obviously =P

If your disc tray is blocked there might be something installed incorrectly. But in all honesty it's not that big of a problem, since a majority of the games you'll be using (i'm assuming anyway) will be backed up. If not you can just flip the top and place the disc in and hit reset for an original. Once the flip top is in place you'll never really need to use the disc tray unless you want to.

5. cameronp

cameronp Member

Thanks so much!