1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FlipTop Help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by LordMiL, Apr 2, 2005.

1. LordMiL

LordMiL Member

Hey all,

I installed a nice clear blue fliptop on a friend's V4 PS2 a couple months ago. Since then we've had all sorts of trouble.
    The first issue is playing backup games. It almost seems like the drive can't spin the disc quite right. We watch the poor drive struggling to spin up the disc and read it right but it stutters a lot, etc. I'm sure that part of this is due to the old laser (which I'll be tuning up sometime soon). However I'm wondering if maybe the new little white magnetic disc that game with the fliptop isn't quite right or something, or maybe the fliptop is screwed in too tight. Is this a possibility? Has anyone else had similar probs?

My second prob isn't really fliptop related and is quite strange. A lot of .ELF programs simply won't run on my friend's PS2. For example, I used my modchip and PS2Menu-K to put ExecFTP on my memory card. I checked and the program ran fine from the MC on my PS2 and I was able to FTP and backup my mem card to my PC. I then put that same mem card into his PS2 and used the MR. Brown exploit to boot into PS2Menu (not K). However, when I attempt to run ExecFTPS it simply hands while loading all the necessary libraries. I've tried to run ExecFTP from the MC, Hard Drive and even CD and it just won't work on his PS2. Also a similar problem happens somewhat rarely with PS2Menu when using the exploit, it will get to a certain point and then sorta hang. The thing is, his hard drive and BB Adapter seem fine. He uses HDLoader to boot games he's installed with no problem. Does anyone have a recommendation as to what could be the problem?

THanks in advance!

2. cwc1120

cwc1120 Member

try loosening the screws, just a suggestion. worked for me.

3. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

Replace the New white Disc that helps spin the CD with the Original White Disc (Hopefully you have it) I had to do that with mine for the new one was too loose in the cover...

4. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Yeah that one given in the fliptop kit is crap, use the original... Had same prob