1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fliptop lid installation problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by genkelly, Mar 20, 2005.

1. genkelly

genkelly Member

Hi, I'm hoping someone will be able to help. I've recently purchased a fliptop lid for my ps2, I checked my version before and it's a v4. When I come to install the new lid though the disc reading part of the ps2 is in a closed black box so I can't see how I'm supposed to change the discs? I may well be missing something obvious but can someone shed any light on this for me?
    Grateful for any help someone can throw my way!
    Cheers

2. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

hey gen kelly, there should be four...or five little screws(don't remember exact amount) around the edge of the black cover around the top of the disk tray, just take out the screws on the top of it and lift it off, but sony have managed to invent thee smallest screws, so its pretty hard to find something that will fit in them to unscrwew but once you have something its easy

3. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I read of lots of people with this problem, i had np gettting them wee screws off, it is a bit of a joke how small they are thou just get a very wee screwdriver lol

4. abx

abx Guest

5. genkelly

genkelly Member

Outstanding, thanks for that mate, got it working fine now!
    Do you find it's a little noisy though?

6. keras

keras Regular member

I had a noise problem also. My flip top came with the white spinner installed in the lid. I took the stock spinner from the black plate you take off and it works fine now. also, you may want to make sure the top is secured....the noise is probably space between the spinner and the disk causing the noise.