1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fliptop lid problem!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by okboz, Feb 1, 2005.

1. okboz

okboz Regular member

I have a slight fliptop lid problem. It works ok but occasionally when i put my swapmagic disk in and boot it up, when the disk has stopped and the lid is opened to insert the backup, the ps2 will reset itself when the lid lifts. I have to try to reeboot sometimes four or five times to finally get it to run. It appears the lid is putting pressure or not enough pressure on the disk or something like this. Version 7 ps2 swapmagic 3.3

Boz

2. TenMen

TenMen Regular member

thats an odd prob.
    do you have problems playing normal uncopied games?
    did you make sure the new fliptop is not pinching the ribbon?

3. okboz

okboz Regular member

No its not pinching the ribbon and it plays originals ok, its alway when i open the lid. But it happens only every so often, and im sure it has something to do with how much pressure the lid puts on the disc when it spins. It is very strange indeed

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

That happened to me the first time I installed my fliptop. Most likely, the case is squeezing the restart button, so that when you push it in, it's not able to come out all the way, so when you jossle the case, it resets. Try tightening the screws, or taking off the top and putting it back on. I fixed my problem by breaking off the small piece of plastic that seperates the reset and eject button on the fliptop.

btw, I got my fliptop from consolesource.com, and have heard other accounts of their fliptops being slightly off.

5. okboz

okboz Regular member

cheers for the advice Balaam, i will try tightening the screws first and see what happens.