1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FLIPTOP QUESTION

Discussion in 'PS2' started by TuNeR03, Apr 17, 2003.

1. TuNeR03

TuNeR03 Member

WHY IS IT ABOUT A FLIPTOP TOP THAT MAKES IT ABLE FOR YOU TO PLAY BACKUPS? ALL DOES IS MAKE THE PS2 OPEN FROM THE TOP. I UNDERSTAND THAT IT WORKS WITH SWAP MAGIC CD BUT WHY CANT WE USE SWAP MAGIC WITH REGULAR EJECT FROM PS2. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW MAKING THE PS2 OPEN FROM THE TOP BYPASSES NOT NEEDING A CHIP. DONT GET ME WRONG I KNOW FLIPTOPS WORK. JUST DONT KNOW HOW.

2. Blazino

Blazino Member

It because when you press the eject button, it freezes the PS2. So when you press the reset button and it wouldn't work. You ever pressed the eject button while a game is playing? Same thing.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2003
  3. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

this is from my other post TuNeR03

if you were to eject the tray after putting in swap magic then the PS2 would reboot and start over looking for boot info in tray. The reason flip tops work is that you read the boot info from the swap magic disc then without resetting you put in backup, therefore it doesnt look for boot sector from game.

4. TuNeR03

TuNeR03 Member

OH OK I JUST GOT MY FLIPTOP BUT I SEVERED THE RIBBON. BUT THE NEW 1 SHOULD BE HERE TODAY. OK SO WHEN I AM READY TO PLAY A BACKUP WHAT DO I DO? INSERT THE SWAP MAGIC CD. THEN RIGHT AFTER I INSERT IT WHAT DO I PRESS RESET OR EJECT? THEN WHAT AFTER THAT? THANKS PEEPS FOR YOUR HELP.

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

when you put in the swap magic discs (use cd discs for cd based games, even rips, and the dvd disc for dvd games) let it load and when you get the screen that says "insert disc" open the flip top and pop in your backup. make sure you get it under the lip on the left side of the tray or it wont play. close the lid and hit x on the controller and your going. if the border turns blue you're fine, if it turns pink, you're not going to boot. you'll see it.

6. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

TUNER03 can you please lower the caps on future posts