1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fliptop swap magic, Is it possible to use emulators?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by micahman, Aug 23, 2004.

1. micahman

micahman Member

Hi I have a flip top PS2 and use the swapmagic disks to play backups, is it possible to play SNES/NES and what not emulators with the swap magic disks? And if so, where can I find a tutorial/how do i do it? Thanks

2. BTW1217

BTW1217 Member

Yes, you certainly can, although I've never been able to successfully do it. Other people have, but I just can't figure it out. Two popular ones are the SNES emulator (http://snes-station.gamebase.ca) and the Sega Genesis one (http://pgen.gamebase.ca). There are others such as Arcade and NES, etc. Just search google for any others you may be interested in.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2004
  3. micahman

micahman Member

Sweet, thanks. I tried it out, and within 15 min I was playing Power Rangers for Genisis on my Ps2. Its like having 50 games in one. I used swap magic Cd and a regular Cd-r.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I can get regular Nintendo games to work,Sega Genesis,and Super Nintendo.I was working on getting Sega Master system working also,but I never could get any roms for it.Yeah the programs to get the Nintendo games to work should be imbNES V1.3.2 it should be booted as a Playstation 1 game.In order to get the Sega Genesis to work you need to use a program called PGEN V1.2 or one of these programs.In order to get the Super Nintendo games to work you need to use CDGENPS2 and SNES V2.3 files in the right order with a folder named roms and you have to change the System.cnf to the LBA of the swap magic cd which should be somewhere the lines of 12231.After you compile the Super Nintendo disc you burn it with Nero and you are done.I can get these to work and it aint that hard really.The problem is actually getting working roms in my oppinion.I have experienced some roms that just won't load and make crazy music.I am thinking the rom has to be pretty much close to perfect almost to play at all.

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

6. killians

killians Member

How well do the games run for the genesis and snes? Do they slow down.

7. micahman

micahman Member

Well I've been into the whole emulation thing for awhile. Snes and Genesis run kinda choppy if your using a Dreamcast, but surprisingly they run almost flawlessly on the PS2. I just made a disk with 93 Snes games, and they all seem to work really well. Since I don't know if I am allowed to post a link with roms, I wont. But search on google and you can find a site that works pretty well. The tricky part was getting the SNES disk to work. On my system, I use flip top and Swap Magic CD. To boot the SNES, I have to press square to load it because its some kind of special boot. Just something to try out if yours isnt working.

8. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

Here's a site with all the emulators that you can run on a ps2 that i've found to date.

http://www.zophar.net/consoles/ps2.html

I realy want to get a N64 emulator for the ps2 but havn't been able to find one. Supposably it's possible but there's no official release.