1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fliptop + Swap Magic questions

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by gH05t, Aug 29, 2004.

1. gH05t

gH05t Member

I am planning to get a Flip top and swapmagic from http://store.yahoo.com/baysoftgames/ps2flipcov.html
    But I read some other threads and don't understand. I want to play a Japnaese Import game on my American Playstation2 Console. After reading a thread it seems like to play these kinds of games I need Breaker Pro, Swap magic And a flip top. (I'm not planning on getting a slide card.) Can someone clarify this or just explain it to me? I'm pretty new to this so I don't really get it.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if you are only playing orignal import ps2 games then you won't need breaker pro, you will only need the flip top and swap magic(and maybe cd/dvd loader).If you are thinking about playing ps1 games or dvd rips of ps2 games then you will probably need the breaker pro disc aswell

3. gH05t

gH05t Member

what is the dvd loader for? do i really need that?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  4. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

It's to play certain games that Swap magic can't boot, but you still need the swap magic disks. You can burn the cd loader yourself.

http://www.swapmagicfix.com/

5. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

burning the cdloader is easy