1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fliptop SwapMagic HDadvance experiences

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shmooie, Dec 26, 2004.

1. shmooie

shmooie Member

Loooong time coming but anyway...........
    FINALLY got my PS2 v7, fliptop lid and latest SwapMagic disk set. apparently older SwapMagic sets had lots of incompatibility problems, mostly because some games required a bigger TOC etc, however so far I have used this latest version with 27 backups and a single swap was all that was required each time, everygame loaded and played perfectly!!!!! Anyway all I can say is I am pretty damn happy with it! I'm no expert but following an online guide and being careful I managed to install my new PS2 cover with fliptop lid, it is a direct replacememnt and required some care because the flimsy cable for the reset/power switch has to be re-attached to the new cover, also the memeory card flaps must also be re-attached to the new lid. Anyway I managed to do all that in about 15min. Well as for the SwapMagic v3.3 disks, as I said so far no title has failed to load including 007 Everything or Nothing which apparently did require an extra disk swap with Cogswap loader cd.

BONUS: I would also like to mention a nice little bonus for those who like to cheat! I also have the Pro Action Replay MAX cheat device and was disappointed that it would NOT work with the games on my PS2 Hard drive (I also have 120gig Hard drive with HDadvance disks, more on that later) but being the curious type I tried it anyway and was delighted to see it worked flawlessly! Here's how: *Boot Pro Action Replay and select codes *When prompted to load the game you selected codes for eject as normal BUT instead put in the SwapMagic disk and load it *Finally as normal when SwapMagic prompts you for the backup flip the lid (or use slidecard) and insert backup and press X* PRESTO your game loads with codes in full effect, in the game Extermination I had unlimited ammo and could not be infected as well as all supplies etc.

As for the SwapMagic disks the set includes 2, 1 CD 1 DVD, if you are booting a CD game use SwapMagic CD, if booting a DVD game (IE: MOST OF THEM) use SwapMagic DVD. The discs are actual pressed disks which is why they but I will say the data side is kind of weird though, silver with an almost etched feel to them in certain places, go figure.

I should add I started with my PS2 with a 120gb hard drive/network adaptor/HDadvance disks which is also amazing, thought I would be satisfied with that since I could store all my games on hard drive HOWEVER it's about 95% compatible, surprisingly GTA San Andreas was fine, Red Dead Revolver had no sound in cut scenes and Godzilla Saves the Earth and War of The Monsters were not compatible period. So I decided to get the Fliptop SwapMagic combo in addition and it seems to cover the whole spectrum of games now. I Know a modchip would have been best but I was not confident to install one myself nor did I want to ship my system to someone else so I ruled out the modchip. If you are the type who likes figuring things out there are also tutorials here and there on how to boot HDadvance / Swapmagic etc right off of memory cards etc. OK, I've gone on and on so will leave it at that and be happy to try to answer any questions about SwapMagic / Fliptop / HDadvance etc...............

2. icele

icele Member

where did you get your fliptop at?

3. shmooie

shmooie Member