1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fliptop with Swap Magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by wavelight, Oct 27, 2004.

1. wavelight

wavelight Member

To anyone who can help me. I installed a Fliptopcase to my PS2 v9. Everthing works fine, untill I got to the part when I need to swich the discs after booting with the swap magic disc, because the disc keeps spinning. Is this normal or do I somthing wrong ?
    I tryed to open the Fliptop once, but it sounded not healthy.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the swapmagic discs should stop spinning for you to do the swap, how are you using the disc's

3. wavelight

wavelight Member

Hello devilhunt, thank you for your replay.
    I start up my PS2,put the swap magic disc in and press the reset button. The swap magic disc bootup, and I wait till the screen tells me to insert my backup disc. But the swap magic disc keeps spinning. I waited for more than 5 minutes but the disc doesn't stop spinning.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you seem to be doing it right the only thing i can think of is if you have a button thats a bit sticky on the pad, do you have a spare pad so you can swap it and see if that helps because when the insert disc screen comes up the swapmagic disc should stop spinning

5. wavelight

wavelight Member

Hello devilhunt,
    Till now I only used the DVD swap disc to try things out.Today I checked the CD swap disc, but this one doesn't work at all.
    When I use the DVD disc, should the insert cd message on the screen freeze till I swap the disc ? Because when I put the DVD disc in my PS2 and push the reset button, I see the message insert disc about 2 seconds, and it seems that the disc stops spinning these 2 seconds. After these 2 seconds the screen is black and the disc starts spinning again.
    I think that the swap magic discs are bad. Maybe I need to order new ones. Thanks again for your help

6. kcjlo

kcjlo Member

when i first ordered it i made the dumb error of pressing load with the SM disk in there. i dunno if u're doing the same thing but once SM starts up at the load/video mode screen, u put your backup in there then press load.