1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

floating decimal point?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ripsteen, Sep 5, 2004.

1. ripsteen

ripsteen Member

Hi, i'm trying to use tmpgenc to convery xvid to dvd,ive followed the guide but im getting a fault about 25% into the decoding, the fault gives a message "floating decimal point overflow!"
    how do i stop this?.
    or is there a better programme for this job?

thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

This is Usually Caused from Corruption in the AVI file....
    If it happens at the same spot every time that you can be assured that Corruption is the Problem....

If you can get "Virtual-Dub" to read the File all the way through then you can use it to Frameserve the XviD file to Tmpgenc to encode it to Mpeg2 for DVD....

If you do not know how to Frameserve useing "Virtual-Dub" then let me know and I"ll give you simple Instructions.....

Cheers

3. ripsteen

ripsteen Member

thanks....i'm new to this so if you could show me that would be great :)

thanks again

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi, If you want to try Frameserveing the File to Tmpgenc to see if that will work then you will first have to download Virtual-Dub from here:

http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/stable/VirtualDub-MPEG2.zip

#1)First go into the Virtual-Dub folder and run the "AuxSetup.exe" file and then click "Install Handler" and then click "OK" and then close that window...

#2)Now run the "Virtual-Dub.exe" file and then drag and Drop your AVI file into it"s window...Now you should be able to see the File in it"s window ,Use the slider to navigate through the File to see if it has any problems Reading the file...If everything looks good then:

#3) go to "file" to "Start Frameserver" and then click "Start" and now save the Frameserver file but give it a .vdr extention....

#4) Now Run Tmpgenc and load the .vdr frameserver file into it as the video source and encode it like you normally would....

If tmpgenc gives you a "Can Not Open or Unsupported" error when trying to load the File in then go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Disable the "Direct show File reader" and now try to load the vdr file again and it should work....

Cheers