1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FMI brand dvd-r r they good quailty for movies or not?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by JUVY, Mar 18, 2005.

1. JUVY

JUVY Member

i wanna know if any 1 had brought and tryed the brand FMI for movies it a dvd-r if u have got sum and if there good or bad plz let me know?

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  3. JUVY

JUVY Member

SORRY I SEEN I POSTED IT IN THE WRONG PLACE BEFOR AND DIDNT THINK THEY WERE GONNA ANSWER ME BACK SO I POSTED IT HERE SORRY ABOUT THAT....:)

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

-

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  5. PORCUPINE

PORCUPINE Guest

Don't wastte your money on the CompUSA blank dvds. I had bought 3 spindles and a friend bought 2 on sale thinking we got such a good deal. We tried 4 different burners Benq, Toshiba, NEC, and HP. Over half either had pixals, and blocks running through the picture, or it will freeze up and not play. A few just did not play. Tried playing the disks on Toshiba, Daewoo, Philips, GE, Apex, another off brand of my friends. I have had no problems with Ritek, Philips, HP, Fuji, Verbatim,or Memorex. Also stay away from Khypermedia dvds.

6. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

simple and sweet answer to original question title: NOT~

check my sig. for what i would suggest you trying to ensure higher quality burns and success

also, stay away from memorex as well, i noticed porcupine listed it LAST on his recommended media, it's not even ON my list~ :)

1. Taiyo Yuden (whether it be online make sure u get AUTHENTIC TY's from reputable retailers, i've received fakes before..they stink :p also, locally, the MADE IN JAPAN fuji and sony are Taiyo Yudens, not the made in taiwans, so be careful)
    2. Verbatims (made in taiwan, i use only the 8x dvd+r w/ media id code MCC003, very good in my opinion)
    3. Maxells (haven't used that many of them, less than 50 total from personal experience, but they are pretty good, also, mine are made in japan for this brand as well)

wow, this is an old thread...just recently revived with the bad burns people have been getting w/ the compusa deals lately~ :p