1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Focus or Tracking Error w/ OptoRite DD0401

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvd8man, Dec 17, 2004.

1. dvd8man

dvd8man Member

Well hello I have been having this problem for about a mouth. I can burn a dvd after I used dvdshrink and my computer has been shutdown for about 3 hours. But if I try to burn while the computer is still warm it gets to about 80% and the i get the error. It never had this problem till late november and I probly burned close to 500 movies with only about 10 coasters but now i can make coasters all day long. I used to be able to burn like six movies with out ever shuting down. Now I have to shut down for hours. I have updated my firmware to 160E. My computer specs are 1.19 GHz and 384 MB ram, two 40 GB hard drives w/ over 25 Gb free on each, skrinking with dvd shrink and burng with nero. What do you guys think the problem could be?

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Sounds like your PC is overheating. What cooling have you got? What error are you getting, sounds like something has changed somewhere. What burner do you have? Your PC should NEVER shut down, unless there is something is seriously wrong.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  3. dvd8man

dvd8man Member

My computer is in an atx case with two fans one in the back, one in the side. My error is a Focus or Tracking Error on Nero w/ a OptoRite DD0401. Do you think my burner is warn out? Thanks Dvd8man

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

This link may help,
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/lite/t-106106.html
    I know it is for a Ricoh drive, but it could be your drive at fault!
    I have read on other forums that they have had to revert to the previous drivers. I have a funny feeling that this may not be the problem. It could be media, but I doubt it. I think it could be your drive.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Have you tried your drive in another PC?

6. dvd8man

dvd8man Member

I'm thinking my self that yes it may be the drive is just warn out. because i have never had a problem with this media before and i have been using it a while. but some thing weird is that the drive burns cd-r's fine. but they don't take half as long as a dvd-r. the error always happens about 90 % complete or greater on a dvd-r.. (when the dvd-r is almost done). thanks DvD8MaN

7. saintmos

saintmos Member

hey guys i'm a little new to the forum but i have been having the same problems with DVD shrink when burning with Nero. it's seems that i can copy a few dvds, before providing myself with another coaster. the burning process stops at 29% every single time, and the error message is a focus or tracking error. i've been using horrible memorex 8x dvds and i figured that was the problem, but the realiable maxell dvds that have always worked have been resulting in the same outcome. my drivers are up to date, and my motherboards probe program senses heat when my dvd rom is encoding the movie, but everthing cools down when the burning process begins. please help, i'm using a generic I/O magic dvd burner with Nero 6 Ultra Edition, Dvd Shrink 3.2