1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Followed all the Guides but still CANNOT Ftp Please help !!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by huhu, Dec 4, 2004.

1. huhu

huhu Member

Hi everyone,
    I cannot FTP my PC to Xbox
    I'd like to get some help please.

I have a Xbox v 1.0 with the chip installed by a profesional 2 year ago (with Enigmah Final chip) I can play a copy Xbox game OK.

Now I want to copy xbox games myself..I'm following all the guides on this Site, Specially "Iggi" guide here , but after a week frustrating I still can't connect my Xbox to Pc using FTP, here is my info:

- I using USB DSL modem , Crossover cable, Ethernet/NIC card , PC ( 1.7 Gh , 512 Ram ) connection and Xbox with EvoX 3935 running

Here my Evox.ini:
    setup network : yes
    use static IP : yes
    Xbox IP : 192.168.0.3
    Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
    Default gateway : 192.168.0.1
    DNS 0.0.0.0
    DNS 0.0.0.0

In my network & FlashFXP I did Exactly what you said,
    IP Address : 192.168.0.1
    Subnetmask : 255.255.255.0
    Default gateway : 192.168.0.1

FlashFXP : 192.168.0.3
    User + password : xbox . Port 21

When I connect to Xbox , I check the network Status : it says Connected with 100Mbps( but I can only see the Packets sent but no receive. Ex : sent 2450 , received 0 )and nothing appears in FlashFXP Screen. ( always have error messages "connection failed , lost".

My Evo X run OK in xbox.
    I did try to Flash my Bios with EvoX 3935 but can not , error message :" unwritable bios ".

Oh, Do I need to Flash my Bios with Evox ? , because I still can play a Copy games so I guess I dont need to do that , right?

Every time I connect PC to Xbox my Internet Speed kind a slow about 50%.

Please give me some advices, I dont know what I did wrong here.
    Thank you for your help !!!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004
  2. EvoxGuy

EvoxGuy Member

Do me a favour, go to your network settings page and use the wizard to "set up a home or small office network". Enable internet connection sharing" but generally leave options as default settings. Once done try again. I know this has cleared at least 3 PC/XBOX connection problems with XP PC's.

Let me know if this works

Guy

3. ozy

ozy Regular member

Have you managed to fix your problem yet. If not what operating system are u using? On the PC network setup I have not typed anything in the default gateway space. Only IP - 192.168.000.001
    subnet mask 255.255.255.000

Make sure the network connection is not firewalled. this may also give you problems.

4. huhu

huhu Member

Hi you guys.
    EvoxGuy, I did what you said , shared Intenet, Turn Off Firewall.. but still cannot connect .Error " connection fail".
    my crossover cable is brand new , so that not a cable problem.
    Ozy : I have Xp home SP1, I tried leave The default gateway space empty. Still can not connect.
    I'm so tired of this..
    Thank you all for try help me out.
    huhu

5. ozy

ozy Regular member

Start your computer first with the network cable attached to the xbox with the xbox turnrd off. When the PC has booted up turn your xbox on wait for the evolutionx dash screen then open flashfxp.

If still nothing go through this guide if you have'nt already. http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/iso-backup-guide.php

Also what version of flashfxp are you using. Try uninstalling and reinstalling and try connecting before you enter the registration serial code. if it works the registration u have been using must be corrupting the program.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  6. econ2011

econ2011 Member

If you are using a crossover cable, set both nics(xbox and pc) to static ips... 192.168.0.100 and 192.168.0.101. That should work. Both will have submask of 255.255.255.0 and default gateway of 192.168.0.1

7. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

i used to have that problem with evox, too. the only way i could get it to connect was by turning the xbox on while the pc was off and connected to the xbox, turning on the pc while xbox was on, and then rebooting the xbox. it had something to do with recognizing the network. i run avalaunch now and have had no problems. i know this sounds retarded, but it was the only way i could get it to work.