1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Followed guide but stuck at one spot!! Plz help

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Ithxan, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I recently finished editing a 2.5 hour movie using Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 then exported the movie as a 30 gig .AVI file.

Then, following the Avi2DvD guide... (http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/avi_to_dvd_avi2dvd.cfm)

and after a day of waiting my files are now on my hard drive. The files are:

"encoded_video.m2v" (which is 4 gigs)
    "audiostream 1 WAV 2CH.ac3" (this file is 110,490 KB)
    "DVD_image.iso" (this one is only 845 KB)

the remaining files are .txt log files.

Shouldnt my .iso file be bigger then that? I tried Alcohol 120% image burning wizard but stopped when I saw that the .iso file was so small. I dont see any indication that these files will be combined, or whatever needs to happen to finally put my movie to DVD.

Thanks for the help. im on a 3-day deadline so any help appreciated!

2. philraz

philraz Regular member

looks like avi2dvd was either stoped or crashed durring the iso write stage you could download dvdlab pro trial load the
    "encoded_video.m2v" (which is 4 gigs)
    "audiostream 1 WAV 2CH.ac3" (this file is 110,490 KB)
    files in and compile and burn select movie only and make sure that ntsc or pal is set correctly
    or if you have nerovision load the files into make your own dvd
    the other option is start again with the avi with avi2dvd and make sure you dont close it untill all jobs are done apears in the log window

3. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

You are right, there was an error during the encoding process, but Avi2DvD didnt stop running and when it finished it said "all jobs done"

The error I had was :

"HCBatch0.16beta-byhank315:HCbatch.exe - application error"

I got the same error when i tried to export it as an iso and when i tried (and failed) to export the other way.

I did a google search for this error and cant come up with anything

4. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

oh, and is there a guide or any info you can give me that tells me how to burn those files with Dvdlab pro? I just downloaded the trial program and am anxious to burn these to disk

thanks

5. philraz

philraz Regular member

for just what you want to do open dvdlab select movie only and your system (pal or ntsc) on the flash screen click ok then in the bottom left corner which is your assets bin click on the import files button select your ac3 and m2v file and click ok then drag the files to the movie which will be in the top right screen move down to the preview screen bottom right click on auto chapters and just click on Ok at the properties screen that will appear now go up to project and click compile you shouldnt need to change anything when compile is finished select burn from the same menu

6. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

I appreciate the help by the way!

Ok, so i compiled and set my chapter points with DvDLab Pro, but when I try to BURN it a windows error window pops up (the one that asks you if u would like to send an error report to microsoft) and I cant use this software to burn with.

Am i missing a plugin or codec or something here? Every time i use DVDlab Pro to burn i get this error window, but the program doesnt crash or anything.

So i am left with an Audio_ts folder (which is empty, can u tell me why??)

and a Video_ts folder which has several files. i will keep messing around with it to see what i can do while waiting for more professional help from this forum.

thanks!

7. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

i forgot to mention that it said everything was COMPLETE in DVD lab when i try to burn, so i think the problem occurs only when trying to burn it.

i opened alcohol 120% to see if i could burn from there, but its not recognizing anything in the Video_ts folder.

in my Video_ts folder is have: 2 .ifo files , 6 .VOB files, and 2 .BUP files. (and like i said my audio TS folder is empty for some reason...i assume there would be an audio trach there??)

Can you tell me what to do with these files?

8. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

UPDATE

I burned the ISO to DVD but for some reason it wont play in my DVD player. I have played burned movies etc on this dvd player before so im not sure what to do.

I created the iso with Folder2iso (guide on this site) and burned it with alcohol 120% trial version.

Is there a better program I could be using or something im doing which prevents my player from playing this disk??

9. philraz

philraz Regular member

Download dvd shrink use open files to load your video_ts folder once its analized the file hit backup select iso image and ok burn with alcohol following the golden rules in my sig
    Oh and the audio_ts will be empty thats normal

10. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

Philraz i followed your golden rules and finally got my project to DVD and it works! But there are 2 problems, one major one minor.

Minor: The quality. Its just fine until the camera pans or major motion is introduced- then the lines in the frame becoem blocky and jagged. Is this normal for MiniDV movies?

Major: The sound cuts out about 1/4 of the way into the dvd. No sound whatsoever. I also noticed that the sound was off by a few frames as well. ANy solution for this?

Why must creating a dvd movie be so difficult? From adobe premiere to final DVD takes forever and is more complicated then one might expect. Oh well, im learning thats the key.

HELP!

11. philraz

philraz Regular member

I'll assume your avi played correctly try converting the original avi to a video_ts folder with this

Old Freeware Version Of Divxtodvd
    http://freedownload.softonic.de/windows/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_0.52.99.exe
    if you like it you can buy the new updated version from VSO

then use dvd shrink if it shows that compression is required make sure that you select both options on the quality tab after you hit the backup button

The dvd shrink guide is on my page follow the link in my sig

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  12. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about that prpgram. Ive converted movies with that one before. Ill give it a try (converting now @ 0.2%)

And yes, my originally exported .Avi from Premiere works correctly.

Say, what is a good, quick to learn program I can use to create menus and chapter points?

Thx for the help so far Philraz

13. philraz

philraz Regular member

I like dvdlab I find it fairly simple and has a lot of good features nerovision is good too propably simplier but doesnt give you a great deal of control

14. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

ok, I tried using DivX2DvD and i woke up this morning to a 6+ gig .iso file.

Obviously, this is too large to fit on a DVD (not dual). Tho my last conversion attempts left me with no audio 1/4th of the way into my movie, this wont work unless I do something to bring the size down to <4.7gb

Still needing help big time. as of NOW i am sitting here with a 6.9 gig .iso that DivX3DVD spit out, and im not sure how to make this fit onto dvd.

The past couple days i was using DVDlab Pro, Avi2DVd , and tho i managed to burn my prioject to disk (at 1X speed my 2nd time!) i am still coming up with crappy errors - such as a 1second delay in audio, and after about 30 mins, here is no audio PERIOD.

Any help appreciated!

15. philraz

philraz Regular member

Open the iso with dvd shrink and let it do its thing it will compress it down to a small enough size to put on a normal dvd 5 disc

The dvd shrink guide is on my page follow the link in my sig

16. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

For some reason DVDShrink isnt able to open a .iso file (unless im doing soemthing wrong). Its asking me for a folder to open, and when i select the folder with my 6+ gig .iso file in it it will not open or accept the selection.

I thought that DVDshrink only opened Video_TS folders and such?

17. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

i forgot to mention, when i use DVDshrink to "open image" then i get an error when i try to load my iso

"DVDShrink has encontered an error and cannot continue. Invalid UDF File system"

Any ideas?

18. philraz

philraz Regular member

Did you download the divxtodvd that I gave you the link to

Old Freeware Version Of Divxtodvd
    http://freedownload.softonic.de/windows/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_0.52.99.exe
    if you like it you can buy the new updated version from VSO

it should have created a video_ts folder not an iso, dvd shrink can open isos the error message you received indicates that the iso is corrupt
    was an *.mds file created along with iso ? If so try loading that into shrink
    my next suggestion would be to mount your iso in daemon tools and tell me what files it contains if it will mount you should be able to import the vob files into dvdlab and construct a valid dvd video_ts folder
    if you do get it to mount right click on the video_ts.ifo file in the video_ts folder and select open with and then navigate to you media player that supports dvd files that will let you play the dvd so you can check for sound and quality issues

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  19. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

yeah i have DivX2Dvd and im pretty sure that the only thing it spit out was that large 6+gig .iso file.

I will try to reincode (converting, or whatever it is doing exactly) it with divx2dvd again and let you know. Thanks for sticking with me on this one, i appreciate the help!

20. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

Well I have had a stroke of bad luck recently! DivX2DVD was telling me that my 30 gig .AVI file's audio was "955ms late" so I deleted the file and decided to re-export the .avi from premiere. Well then my drive crashed that had premiere installed.

I am now contacting my parents so they can send me the original disk so i can reinstall premiere and then re-export. Should i just post a new thread when i need help again or is there a way I can just ask you directly Philraz?