1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Followed guide but stuck at one spot!! Plz help

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Ithxan, Apr 4, 2006.

1. philraz

philraz Regular member

I will stay subscribed to this thread so just post back to here and I will get back to you

2. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

Ok,

so now I am back to exporting the video with premiere. Do you know anything about the media encoder contained in premiere pro 2.0?

I rememebr someone telling me before that it would be easier to export using the adobe media encoder but when i look at the export settings they are all "windows media video 9" or "Windows Media MPEG-4 Video V3."

If you dont know much about this I can just take my chances with exporting movie ---> to an .AVI file like i did last time and pray my audio doesnt get out of sync.

What do you think?

3. philraz

philraz Regular member

Im not familiar with premier my only advice in this area would be to use pcm audio(uncompressed) and dont compress your video compressed audio mainly mp3 on avis is the main culpret for sound problems

4. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

hey you must be right becuase it seemed as tho the voices on my film were in sync fine, but the mp3 music that i later added to sweeten the picture up seems to be off slightly last time i tried.

Im encoding in AVI2DVD now after exporting the film as an .avi from premiere.

I will keep you updated

5. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

Hey Philraz, I finished encoding my 30+ gig .avi file that Premiere spit out with Avi2DvD and this is what I am left with:

3 folders were created: "Avi2Dvd_temp" and inside that folder are some files I dont know what to do with. Such as:
    -DvD_Image.iso (like the last time i tried this, the .iso file is only 880kb, much to small to be my project.
    -encoded_video.m2v (about 4 gigs)
    -AudioStream 1 WAV 2CH.ac3 (108,857kb)
    - Avisynth_Script_File.avs (1kb)
    - and 2 text files (Avi2DVD_log.txt and BeSweet_AudioStream 1 WAV 2CH.ac3.txt)

FInally, in this folder is another folder named "DVD" which contains my "Audio_TS" folder (empty) and my Video_TS folder (which contains a 32kb file called "VTS_01_0.VOB")

So thats what im left with. The .iso file is too small to burn to DVD so i havent done that yet (as the avi2dvd guide says). I am really just waiting to see what my options are. I still havent tested the exported 30+ gig .avi file to see if the sound is off again because its on my external hard drive and it wont play smoothly from my external anyways (might be that i dont have usb 2.0).

Thanks for the help! Deadline approaching for me soon, hope to have these problems sorted out by then.

6. philraz

philraz Regular member

is the drive you are converting to fat32 ?
    if not read on
    apperantly avi2dvd cant handle the avi that has been poduced or it has a drama with your system the *.m2v file is the video component of your movie and the *.ac3 file is your audio component the rest are usless to small to be correct try to play both files see if the are complete if you cant play them download this
    Download K-Lite Mega Codec Pack
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm
    install with "lots of extras option" then use use media player clasic to preview you can load both files in and it will dub the m2v with the ac3 file giving you a full preview
    if part of the sound is missing again download virtualdub and extract the sound from the avi as a pcm wave file using file open now goto audio select full processing mode under compression make sure it is set to no compresion PCM now goto file and select save wave name it and hit save
    and use that as your sound source in dvdlab

7. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

ok im off to work now but when i get back I will be on it

8. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

i couldnt figure out how to mix both the audio and video after downloading the K-lite codec pack, but thats ok because I just previewed my audio and it is only 38 mins long (the video is over 2 hours).

Well it seems that the audio isnt being ripped properly from the master.

I will try to use Virtualdub now and then DVDLab like you said!

9. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

i extracted the audio with virtualdub and it worked great, going on to DVDLab now.

Do you have any advice for me regarding DVDLab? I want to create simple menus with BG music and chapter selection and I am pretty sure I can do that with DVDLab.

is mixing the .wav and .m2v files an easy process?

10. philraz

philraz Regular member

11. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

Damn, my version of DVDLab Pro 1.5 has expired (guess it was a 30 day trial only). Ive un and re-installed the program and messed with my clock but nothing seems to work.

Is there another program i can get that can mix the audio and video, as well as let me create a dvd menu?

thanks

12. Ithxan

Ithxan Member

audio was ripped to WAV and then I used DVDShrink to create Audio_TS and Video_TS folders. After that i used Folder2Iso to create my .iso image, but now the .iso is over 5 gigs (too big for 4.7 gig disk).

When I loaded up the audio and video into DVDShrink the size was burnable (around 4.1gigs i think) but for some reason the .iso is much bigger.

So now im still left with my Video_ts folder and a 5+ gig .iso file of my final project.

WHAT CAN I DO PHILRAZ?

Appreciace the help!