1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Channels/Streaming

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Mouth_uk, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Not entirely sure which section this question needs to go in but this looks closest.

I'm trying to find out how to get digital sports channels that cover Premiership football. I dropped S*y Sports a few weeks ago because they are only covering 1 game of so a month.

Other options i can think of:

1) Sopcast/TV Ants - terrible quality and very unreliable in my experience so far.

2)My local pub subscribes to a channel but all i can tell (from the logo) it appears to be called 4 Sports.

3) I download the entire game (a few days later) which someone has kindly uploaded onto a blog. Again the logo appears to show that the channel is called True Sports 3.

4) S*y Sports and Set@nta dont cover enough of the games to make it worth while subscribing to them.

Does anyone know how i can get decent quality coverage? If i have to subscribe then i will but dont know where to look to find the providers.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  2. belgrove

belgrove Member

3. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Thanks belgrove, tried out the link last night but unfortunately it was only able to provide an audio stream.

Looks like that particular game wasn't streamed. Can I ask you a question though, how early do you try to connect before a game starts.

As i understand it the servers tend to fill up very quickly..

4. belgrove

belgrove Member

You are obviously and Arsenal fan like myself and yes they only had an audio stream last night because of contractural obligations.
    I have watched 4 Arsenal games on this so far this season and the quality is excellent.

I normally check about half an hour before hand and then try to connect about 10 minutes before kick off.

5. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Yup, Gooners are looking hot this season.

Will take your advice and test on v. West Ham on Saturday.

Thanks again.