1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For all those having problems with FTP

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by MrHat, Jul 7, 2003.

1. MrHat

MrHat Member

If you have Evo-X installed configure it the following way:

There are two methods of setting up your Evo-X network settings, the easiest is to use the built in configuration menu.
    Either bootup Evo-X, go to System Utils/Settings, you'll see the network settings on that screen.
    Or edit evox.ini (Which is found in the folder or drive you installed Evo-X) with Notepad.
    ------------------------------
    SetupNetwork = Yes

StaticIP = Yes

IP = 192.168.0.x (x being an spare unused static IP address on your LAN)

Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0 (Don't alter this setting, 90% of LAN/Windows networking uses thus subnet.)

Default Gateway = 0.0.0.0 (On Netgear routers this is usually 192.168.0.1 - Linksys are 192.168.1.1 - Your gateway is either your routers IP on your network, your PC IP if you're using ICS or your ISPs gateway)

------------------------------

Make sure you scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Save and Exit otherwise your settings will be lost on the next reboot.

To connect to your Xbox don't use Internet Explorer, it's slow and not designed for ftp.
    instead use FlashFXP http://www.flashfxp.com

Now this is the place where people are having the most problems.

Once FlashFXP has installed, open it then go to the toolbar at the top, Options/Preferences/-Proxy/Firewall/Ident and make sure Use Passive Mode is turned off - don't touch any other settings and OK out of that menu.

When that's installed hit connect (The lightning bolt in the left pane at the top), type in your Xbox IP along with the username and password (Default is xbox/xbox)
    If all's well you should see drives C D E F X Y and Z.

If it didn't work try rebooting the Xbox then recheck your settings in the network setup of Evo-X

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

MrHat, Please remove the advertisement in your signature; it is not allowed here at aD. If you want to advertise please PM dRD (The Owner) for pricing and availabilty.

3. MrHat

MrHat Member

Done and done.
    BTW, I don't work for Modchipman, I just advocate them for their great service and like to help people out in their support chan.

4. MrHat

MrHat Member

Didn't anyone find this thread useful?

5. kapnkruch

kapnkruch Guest

I'm sure many people have found your tips useful....I know when I was having problems in the beginning it would have saved me several hours, especially the whole "static IP" thing....so for all those shy people, thank you for the help!