1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For every one who has an HD Loader

Discussion in 'PS2' started by StrongBad, Aug 21, 2004.

1. StrongBad

StrongBad Member

What color is the under side of the disk? Because I'm getting one and my PS2 doesn't read blue disks

2. StrongBad

StrongBad Member

Anyone?

3. deep0r

deep0r Member

it should just be a cd not a dvd...so it depends on if your ps2 plays any cds at all :(

4. spoo76

spoo76 Member

[bold]I have the same problem
    it only plays blue disks every now and then
    and DVD movies skip or get stuck everynow and then
    is this a laser problem?
    whats the fix? a new laser?[/bold]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  5. boob

boob Guest

get a new version ps2 maybe;)

6. foundmy

foundmy Guest

depends on the version of ps2 you can fix it but are you using a mod already or an unopened unit.

7. VOD3N05

VOD3N05 Guest

try cleaning the lens....
    if doesnt work try replacing it with a new one
    and if that again dont work ur having problem on the LA chip on ur ps2.....not ur lens is the problem, LA chip... known on ps2 v9-10

8. spoo76

spoo76 Member

[bold]Nope My Ps2 isnt modded yet so its never been opened
    anyone know how long it takes to get it back if you send it to sony? i dont want to wait forever and a day

as for cleaning the lens, should i just use a standard DVD/CD cleaning kit with the disc cleaning pad?

hopefully my PS2 will read the HDD loader
    it seems to only have problems with twisted metal black online,gameshark ps2,and sharkport discs,
    and some DVD movies [/bold]

9. Jerman

Jerman Member

The best way to clean it is to open the case right up and give it a good spray-down, but that's only if you don't mind voiding your warrenty or just plain don't have one. If you really wanna go indepth for a full fix, I reccomend using this guide: http://www.gamingdynasty.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=42
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 V7
    Matrix Infinity Chip
    Plextor PX-708UF External DVD Re/Writable Combo Drive
    LG DVD-ROM DRD8160B Internal Drive
    Fujifilm DVD-R
    Nero Burning ROM 6.5 w/ NeroVision Express
    Alcohol 120%
    DVD Decrypter[/small]

10. boob

boob Guest

anyone know how to replace th molded cable connecting the network/hdd port to the motherboard? mine is cracked and wont even recognize the network adaptor

11. ckfussion

ckfussion Guest

Could anyone please tell me if they have shoped at www.ps2upgrade.com or www.slidecards.co.uk.

These 2 sites seem to be thesame.

I ordered an Hd loader on www.ps2upgrade.com about 3days ago. I have been sending an email to them ever since but have got no responce from them.

Could anyone who have shoped from them tell me whether they are a real or fake website.

Thanks

12. scarface.

scarface. Member

fussion, have you received the hdloader from them yet?

let me know if you do.

cheers.

13. ckfussion

ckfussion Guest

No I havent got the hd loader yet but the guy did finally contact me after fileing a compliant on pay pal. he said the product has been dispatched but I have still not received the product.

14. scarface.

scarface. Member

he claims that he ships via recorded delivery, 1st or second class should only take 3 days or so tops.
    ask him for the recorded delivery number, then if he can't provide one, he is lying.

did you get any emails from him at all (you know the 12 hour reply) ?

please keep me updated as it looks like i'm in the same boat.

cheers.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"say hello to my little friend"[/small]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2004
  15. ckfussion

ckfussion Guest

I sent him an email on saturday 4th asking for my recorded delivery number and have since not got a response apart from the anoying( 12 hour reply).

The email he previously sent when i filed the complaint said that my product will arrive with ten days so I have 2 more days to wiat as the 10 of september is the dead line.

If I dont get it on the 10th I am fileling another claim.

I would advice that if you used paypal to pay for your product you should file a claim before 30 days.

16. satanlimb

satanlimb Member

Remember, BLUE DISC=CD (when it is an official disc, which, of course, the HD Loader is not). That being said, the HD Loader, while silver, is indeed a CD. So if your laser can't read blue discs, it will not be able to read the HD Loader. Hope this helps.

17. scarface.

scarface. Member

fussion, I got a reply from him after contacting paypal like you said, he claims he has been in turkey for a week, what excuse did he give you ?
    and also he claims he posted it yesterday, but I did'nt get it in the post this morning. we'll i hope we will get them.

keep me posted, cheers.

18. scarface.

scarface. Member

fussion, I got a reply from him after contacting paypal like you said, he claims he has been in turkey for a week, what excuse did he give you ?
    and also he claims he posted it yesterday, but I did'nt get it in the post this morning. we'll i hope we will get them.

keep me posted, cheers.

19. ckfussion

ckfussion Guest

contact me as soon as you get this scarface on crackfussion@yahoo.co.uk

The guy is a scum. He told me about 9 days ago when he sent me the emial that he had been on holiday and that my package had been dispatched on the same day.

And now he gives you thesame response. How many times does a guy go on holiday in a month. Somthing is up, the guy is scum. If I dont get my package today he will have a complaint on his ass tonight.