1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For people who are backing up god of war suggests to make full game work all suggestions welcome

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Troy1, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Troy1

Troy1 Member

i have started this post to get some new suggests for making the full game work at the freeze point, all suggestions welcome, its definately the pak2 issue on the second layer we all know this, so how are we going to implement this into the game, all suggests are greatful

Thanks in advance

Troy

2. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Are you saying that this is the same scenario as GT4, is this game also over 4.7G & will not fit into blank 4.7 DVD-R
    Were you atleast able to back-up the whole game?
    Answer must be yes if you see freezing.
    If this is the case then it's not DL, becuase we can't even back-up GT4 because of being DL.

3. Troy1

Troy1 Member

i have gotten as far as everyone else, i have backed up half of the game, an experienced the freeze point, this is due to pak2, on layer1, there are dvd checks in layer0 to hunt down pak2 when the first disk has been completed, yes the disk originally is 8.3gig or something around that, an after extraction an rebuild it comes to 3.96 for first disk with pak1 in, somehow pak2 has to be implemented for us to continue playing the game, question is how, i have thought up a few ideas, just have to test them

Troy

4. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Is PS2 capable of reading dl media?
    I guess it must be if it can read these type of games.
    But don't you need double laser beams to read DL medias?
    How does DL work anyways?