1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SOMEONE HELP ME

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by masterxxx, Feb 20, 2007.

1. masterxxx

masterxxx Guest

I have been trying to backup one of my games dragon quest VIII and the first time I burnt it on a maxell DVD-R 8x at its rated speed but the second time I tried to burn it I used the new verbatim DVD+R 16x and i tried All its supported speeds and haven't been able to get one working as well as the first time, meaning fast loadings.
    I already wasted 10 dvds, can someone please help me with this problem I would really appriciate it. also I had the same problem with my fight night round 3 game but when I burnt it at the lowest speed, I got the best results like it is the original. but never had problems with other games.and one last thing is that I know that it might be different media that caused this but I really want this problem to be solved with my verbatims and also my lens is new.

2. duzmi

duzmi Member

You are setting the booktype to DVD-Rom for DVD+R prior to burning? Or........... just get yourself some DVD-Rs again?- save adding to the coaster collection by sticking with what you know works.....

3. steimy

steimy Active member

i would tend to agree with the above, once you have a media that works every time stick to it like glue.
    But the Verbatim 16X DVD+R should also work.
    Booktyping it to DVD-Rom, if your burner supports it, is the way you will get the best results. Burning at 4X is the speed i would use but others prefer burning them at 8X as well.
    Updating the firmware on your burner, if available, can also help with getting a better burn and give you better media compatibility as far as brands and speeds.