1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the resident DVD+R expert

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by phaedrus7, Apr 20, 2007.

1. phaedrus7

phaedrus7 Member

I just joined the afterdawn forum and I have a query for the brightest minds here ;)
    I have been backing up my dvd collection for a couple of months on a sony internal DVDR burner, using memorex dvd+r dual layer discs. I use DVD Decrypter software, though I have heard there may be a better program to accomplish my back ups...any opinions on that?

Secondly, the main problem I have which is more of a technical nature is something more mysterious, and thus I thought worthy of the "advanced" forum. I have noticed the following problem on two DVDs I burned. On both discs, there is an instance where the end of a "chapter" or scene from the DVD is cut short--a minute or so of the scene is chopped off and it moves on to the next chapter. Very frustrating. What is most strange is what happens with the numbers or the time counter on the DVD player. For example, with my movie "Cool Hand Luke" we are 58:33 through the movie--suddenly the scene is cut short, and the following scene begins at 56:23! The scenes are all in the correct order, just one scene is cut short and moves on to the next prematurely. Can anyone out there with DVD+R expertise help me, before I back up my whole collection with these kinds of errors? Thanks so much!
    J

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Seems like you're getting read errors with those Memorex DVD+R DL discs. The only reliable DL discs are Vertabim. Burn with ImgBurn at 2.4X.

3. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

this would be a layer break problem using IMG Burn as said should help. clonedvd 2 anydvd would be my pick though. the memorex DVD+R DL will code out as Ritek which is ok media BUT the Verbatim DVD+R DL booked typed to DVD-ROM is your better choice burning NO faster than 4x

4. mybarras

mybarras Member

as above lose the MAXWELL MEDIA,sony or verbatim only media allowed near my burners,also check for made in japan:)

5. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

He mentioned that he was using Memorex D/L, not Maxell. I don't have a D/L burner, but I thought only Memorex & Verbatim made D/L. Does Maxell now make D/L?

(Note: edited for spelling)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  6. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

NO Maxell doesn't make DL as of yet

Verbatim DVD+R DL is your best choice

7. ish101

ish101 Member

I'm new here. is it possible to copy anime movies from the web to a dvd to play on a dvd player not only a computer???

8. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

yes but the dvd player must be compatible with the file your burning, check your owners manual

and don't double post or highjack please, read the forum rules