1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those who are having trouble backing up ps2 games.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Zarcom, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Zarcom

Zarcom Guest

It all comes down to this:

1) A good ps2 with the model number of SCPH-5001 (which btw is version 9/10), anything lower then that, cannnot and WILL NOT ready dvd-r's at speed 4x.

2) A good mod chip (eaither the dms3 from what I have been hearing or a damn good swap chip, but I would highly recommand a mod chip that autoplays your dvd's)

3) When you burn with MOST DVD-R's (because I havnt seen any that can write with 2x on mine), put it at 4x, if your burner (unlike mine) can support ALL dvd-r media, then put it at 2x, otherwise you will get an error from your burner saying some a certain sector on a certain address from some stupid location, that my dear friends is called a MAYJOR PISS OFF.

Of course im fucked so I cant take the damn thing back, but what I can do is help other people out by saving THEM money until I get a newer ps2 and or mod chip.

I hope this clears everything up for you guys, so stop spamming the forums with stupid questions like "duhhhh what dvd-r should I use duhhhhhhhhh"

See yaz bye.

2. Zarcom

Zarcom Guest

another thing I should note, when a dvd-burner is created, why cant the stupid ass companies have the decency of writing down a capability list??.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

*moved from DVD Media*

How about "duhhhhhhhh I posted in the wrong forum duhhhhhhh" ?